Commercial-grade components in a sleek, compact design
Formax FD 8500HS High Security Office Shredders offer Level 6 Security with a 16” feed opening, combined with commercial-grade components in a sleek, practical design. An easy-to-use LED control panel puts the power right at your fingertips.
The FD 8500HS Cross-Cut model can shred up to 5 sheets at a time, up to 35 feet per minute, with a shred size of 1/32” x 3/16”. It has been evaluated by the NSA and meets the requirements of NSA/CSS specification 02-01 for Level 6 high security cross cut shredders. In addition, the ECO Mode saves energy by automatically switching into standby mode after 5 minutes of inactivity.
The optional EvenFlow™ Automatic Oiling System helps to keep the FD 8500HS in peak operating condition.
- Evaluated by NSA: Meets the requirements of NSA/CSS specification 02-01 for Level 6 High Security cross-cut paper shredders
- Auto Start/Auto Stop: Optical sensor detects paper and starts operation automatically
- ECO Mode: Automatically enters energy-saving standby mode after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Door Safety Sensor: Motor stops automatically if cabinet door is opened
- Auto Reverse: In case of paper jam, built-in controls switch motor into reverse to clear jam
- Heat-treated steel cutters are specially ground for longevity and require minimal oil
- High Quality Geared Motor: Powerful, efficient AC geared-motor with heavy duty steel gears for high performance and minimal noise
- Extra-wide 16” Feed Opening
- Continuous-Duty Motor for non-stop operation
- All-Metal Cabinet with casters Auto Sensor: When the waste bin is full, the motor stops automatically
- Lifetime Guaranteed Heavy-Duty Waste Bin
- Auto Cleaning: If shred capacity is decreased, press reverse button for 5 seconds and motor will run in reverse for 1 minute
- Oil Indicator: After every 4 hours of use, the control panel LED flashes to suggest oiling cutting blades for optimal performance
- Self-Diagnosis System: Records operation time, number of auto-reverse sequences, volume of paper shredded, and can display information for service technicians
- Thermal Overload Protection
- Safety Circuit Breaker ensures safe operation
- Manual Function: For shredding small paper which can’t be detected by the sensor
- Accepts staples, paper clips and credit cards
- Manual Function: For shredding small paper or films which can’t be detected by the sensor
- EvenFlow™ Automatic Oiling System: Lubricates cutting blades for optimal performance
- 1-Year Warranty
- Cutting Style: Cross Cut
- Shred Size: 1/32" x 3/16"
- Sheet Capacity: 4 to 5*
- Speed: 35 fpm
- Feed Opening: 16"
- Dimensions: 24" W x 20" D x 35" H
- Bin Capacity: 26 gal.
- Weight: 242 lbs.
- Security Level: P-7
- Power Supply: 110V, 50/60 Hz
* Sheet capacity varies depending on paper and power supply