The FD 282 Double-Head Edge Tabbing System features revolutionary advances in tabber design. It can apply tabs on opposite sides of the mailpiece at the same time, or on top and side simultaneously, maximizing productivity and eliminating the need to feed pieces multiple times. The key is the FD 282’s combination of tabbing heads: the fixed head applies tabs along an open edge, while the repositionable head can switch from side tabbing to front (leading-edge) tabbing. The flexible head can also affix flat tabs, small labels or up to 3 USPS roll stamps in one pass.
Its central control panel features a digital LCD display, including lifetime and job resettable counters, which makes setup and operation user friendly. In addition, operators can program up to 4 jobs into memory for recurring jobs with different media sizes, tab specifications and tabbing positions. The FD 282 processes up to 25,000 pieces per hour (single tab), 15,000/hour (double tab) or 10,000/hour (triple tab), in sizes up to 11” x 15”, up to 1/4” thick.
For flexibility, the FD 282 is available as a stand-alone, compatible with a variety of feeders and output devices. It’s also available as the FD 282SF with a Medium-Duty Synchronized Feeder, or the FD 282HF with a Heavy-Duty Friction Feeder. Options include an output conveyor, and tabletop and floor stands.
The FD 282 provides a dependable and flexible solution to keep your mailings in compliance with changing USPS tabbing regulations.
Places multiple tabs in one pass
- Speed: Single Tab: Up to 25,000 pieces per hour
- Double Tab: Up to 15,000 pieces per hour
- Triple Tab: Up to 10,000 pieces per hour (11” minimum piece length)
- Feeder Capacity: In-line design, capacity dependent on input device
- Media Size: 3.5” to 15” L 5” to 11” W
- Media Thickness: Up to 1/4”
- Tab Size: 3/4” to 1 1/2”
- Tab Materials: Translucent, Paper, Clear
- Programmable Jobs: Up to 4
- Tab Sensitivity Control: Adjusts for density in tab/wafer seals
- Tabs Applied: 1, 2 or 3 tabs per pass
- Stamping Capacity: Apply up to 3 USPS roll stamps in one pass
- Tab Roll Capacity: Up to 11,000 tabs
- Tab Roll Size: Maximum roll diameter: 9” Core diameter: 3”
- Tab Accuracy: +/- 1/16”
- Counter: LCD display with lifetime and job resettable counters
- Duty Cycle: Up to 30 million addresses or 500,000 per month over a 5-year cycle
- Safety Features: Interlocks on all adjustments, emergency stop switch
- Dimensions: 19” W x 26” H x 30” D
- Weight: 75 lbs
- Power: 110VAC, 50/60Hz