The FD 38Xi Fully Automatic Document Folder is the ideal solution for any business, church, school or print-for-pay center that demands quick and easy set-up. The FD 38Xi features a full-color touchscreen control panel making it extremely easy to use and provides a user interface that is second to none. Fully automated fold plates and AutoStack™ Stacker Wheels provide one touch set-up of the 18 pre-programmed fold settings or for choosing one of the 36 custom folds that can be stored into memory.
The FD 38Xi is fast, folding up to 17,000 pieces per hour! Operators can load up to 500 sheets in the hopper, select their fold, press start and walk away to attend to other important tasks. The FD 38Xi will fold the 500 sheets in as little as 2 minutes and hold the folded pieces on its patented Telescoping Conveyor System.
The dedicated Multi-Sheet Feeder folds up to 4 stapled or unstapled sheets at one time, with the ability to choose standard or custom folds in letter and legal paper sizes.
The large full color touchscreen control panel allows for untrained operators to walk up and start folding with little to no instruction. The FD 38Xi advanced software allows for all standard fold types and paper sizes to be customized to meet your particular needs.
The FD 38Xi can be paired with the optional V-Stack36i Vertical Stacker, which stacks up to 22” of folded documents, making them easier to unload for further processing.
When it comes to paper folding, no one does it faster or with higher quality than the Formax FD 38Xi!
Standard Fold Patterns
- Fast!: Large jobs are processed quickly at speeds of up to 17,000 pieces per hour
- Color Touchscreen: The large full-color touchscreen control panel allows anyone to walk up and start
folding in seconds
- Drop-In Feed System: Three-roller drop-in feed system produces dependable feeding of forms with no fanning required
- AutoStack™ Stacker Wheels: Fully-automated stacker wheels eliminate moving them by hand when switching paper paper sizes and fold types
- Telescoping Conveyor System: Conveyor can be set between 14” (356mm) and 36” (915mm) in length and holds up to 500 folded pieces
- Noise Reduction: Fold plates are enclosed and insulated to reduce operating noise
- 6-Digit Resettable & 8-Digit Life Counters: Provides maximum audit control
- AutoBatch™ Counter: Programmable to process pre-set number of sheets into sets with a delay
- Six Standard Folds in Common Paper Sizes: Pre-programmed for 6 popular fold types in letter, legal and ledger paper sizes equaling 18 preset fold settings
- Custom Folds: Up to 36 custom folds can be programmed and stored into memory
- Dedicated Multi-Sheet Feeder: Allows for up to 4 stapled or unstapled sheets to be folded at once, with the ability to select standard or custom folds in letter and legal paper sizes
- Standard Fold Settings Modification: Even the six standard fold types can be modified individually for each paper size for maximum flexibility and customization
- Cross-Folding: A guide is included for two pass operation
- Easy-Off Feed Wheel Shaft: Feed wheels can be changed without removing side covers
- Seven Point Fold Stops: Fold plates utilize seven point fold stops for crisp, accurate folds of large paper sizes at high speeds
- Removable Roller Cover: Easily removed for improved access to fold rollers and exit area
- Locking Cabinet: Fully enclosed for storage
- V-Stack36i Vertical Stacker: Aligns with FD 38Xi outfeed and vertically stacks up to 22” of folded documents, making them easier to unload for further processing.
- Speed: Up to 17,000 sheets per hour – based on 11” (279mm) Z-Fold
- Hopper Capacity: Up to 500 sheets 20# (75 gsm)
- Pre-Set Folds: Pre-programmed for C,V,Z, Gate, Fold Out and Double Parallel
- Pre-Set Paper Sizes: 11”, 14”, 17”, A5, A4, A3, B6, B5, B4
- Custom Folds: Stores up to 35 custom folds into memory
- Paper Size: Min: 3.5” W x 5” L (88.9 W x 127 L mm)
Max: 12.25” W x 18” L (311 W x 457 L mm)
- Dimensions: Closed: 33” L x 20” W x 19” H (84 L x 51 W x 48 H cm)
Fully Extended: 60” L x 20” W x 19” H (152 L x 51 W x 48 H cm)
- Weight: 73 lbs (33kg)
- Power: 110-240VAC 50/60 Hz
- Safety Certifications: UL & CE Approved