The Perfect Finish for Stapled Booklets
The Square iT2 Squareback Booklet Finisher is a compact, user-friendly unit that combines two functions in a single pass: it squares the binding and trims the face edge. It’s the perfect complement to print shops, in-plant print finishing operations and offices that want the look and feel of a perfect-bound book, at a fraction of the cost. Getting professional results from an existing staple-and-fold finisher has never been easier.
Squarebacked booklets lie flat, making them easier to pack, store and ship, with the added option of printing on the spine. Operators can choose the amount of square fold pressure to produce the ideal squareback finish based on booklet thickness.
However, even squarebacked booklets have the unsightly look of shingled pages. The Square iT2 makes quick work of that problem, with a powerful face trimming blade, to give them a finished, professional look. For full-bleed jobs, the side trim function trims the top and bottom of the booklet in multiple passes. Trimmed edges are collected in the waste tray which is easy to access for emptying.
The Square iT2 accommodates a wide range of booklet sizes, from 5” x 4.15” up to 12.6” x 12.2”. It processes booklets of up to 50 folded and stapled sheets / 200 page booklets of 20# Bond sheets, up to 20,000 booklets per month.
The color touchscreen is easy to use, with step-by-step text and graphic instructions, ideal for operators of any skill level to simply walk up and start producing finished booklets. Users can also save custom job settings for quick recall and setup. The automatic belt-feed output conveyor stacker is adjustable and keeps processed booklets in a neat order.
The Square iT2 Squareback Booklet Finisher is the ideal two-in-one solution to give stapled booklets a professional, perfect-bound look.
- Color touchscreen: Guides users through the finishing process with text and bold graphics
- Powerful Squaring Unit: Squares bindings on booklets up to 50 folded and stapled sheets / 200 page booklets of 20# Bond sheets
- Efficient: Produces a square binding and face trims in a single pass
- Compact Unit: Multiple functions in a small footprint
- Outfeed Conveyor Stacker: Automatic belt stacker keeps finished booklets in a neat order
- Convenient Waste Tray: Trimmed edges are collected in the waste tray, which is easy to empty
- Rugged, Heavy-Duty Casters: Easy to relocate if necessary
- Automatic / Manual Settings: Allow for just the right pressure for the ideal squared binding
- Stand-Alone or In-line: Can be used on its own or in-line with digital print finishing devices
- Programmable Jobs: Save frequently used settings to allow for walk-up ease of use
- Custom Sizes: Choose from standard sheet sizes, or create your own custom sizes
- Face Trim: Use the automatic setting or enter a custom size to produce an even edge opposite the binding
- Operator-Assisted Full-Bleed Trimming: Simply turn and feed the booklet to trim the top and bottom edges for a professional, full-bleed finish
- Resettable Counter: Displays the number of booklets produced since its last reset
- Units of Measurement: Choose between inches and millimeters
- Multiple Languages Available: Control panel offers guidance in a variety of languages
- Processing speed: Up to 900 booklets per hour (Based on minimum book size)
- Number of sheets (max): Up to 50 stapled and folded / 200 page booklet, 20# Bond (80gsm)*
- Paper weight: 63 - 350gsm
- Input book size: Min: 5.85” W x 4.15” L / Max: 12.6” W x 12.2” L
- Finished book size: Min: 5.85” W x 3.93” L / Max: 12.6” W x 12.2” L (bypass), 12.5” W x 12.16” L (trimming all sides)
- Face trimming (Trims 1 side per pass): Min: 0.04” (1mm) / Max: 8.26” (210mm)
- Side trimming (Trims 1 side per pass): Min: 0.04” (1mm) / Max: 8.26” (210mm)
- Duty cycle: Up to 20,000 booklets per month
- Dimensions: 56” W x 27” D x 39” H with conveyor fully extended
- Weight: 313 lb. (142kg)
- Power: 100 / 240V, 50-60Hz
*Squaring and trimming is subject to the number of sheets and paper weight.