The ideal card printing solution for small businesses, schools, and local governments, the HID® FARGO® DTC1250e ID card printer and encoder is the fastest printer in its class, allowing you to produce 50% more visually-rich, full-color credentials in the same amount of time. Its small, compact footprint makes it easy to use in a variety of office environments and can be easily upgraded to include an embedded iCLASS SE® encoder (part of the iCLASS SE platform), enabling you to produce secure, personalized membership and loyalty photo ID cards in one single, seamless step. An optional Wi-Fi® accessory is also available to help you print anytime, anywhere.
Using the included Swift ID® badging software, you can design custom ID cards on the spot, and the FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility software can help you easily maintain your card printer over time. The DTC1250e ID direct-to-card printer and encoder also features an intuitive, user-focused SmartScreen™ graphical display, enabling efficient set-up, operation and maintenance of your technology investment.
Backed by a global three-year* warranty, each of our seventh generation HID FARGO card printers can be seamlessly integrated to work with other HID products, ensuring that you receive and retain the maximum value from the most trusted name in secure identity solutions.
*Three-year warranty available with completion of online printer registration. (Two-year warranty standard without online printer registration.)
GreenCircle® Certified Product
Provides organizations with a high-performance, energy-efficient photo ID printing solution that supports corporate sustainability initiatives while reducing costs. The sustainable attributes of HID card printers were third-party certified by GreenCircle Certified, LLC. The certification process verified up to a 53% energy savings for the DTC1250e card printer. The default time for sleep mode has been factory-set to five minutes, and printer design enhancements reduce the power consumption while in standby or sleep mode. Energy savings are calculated based on an assessment to a comparable product currently sold in the marketplace.
- Print Method: Dye-sublimation / resin thermal transfer
- Resolution: 300 dpi (11.8 dots/mm) continuous tone
- Colors: Up to 16.7 million / 256 shades per pixel
- Print Speed: 6 seconds per card (K*); 8 seconds per card (KO*); 16 seconds per card (YMCKO*); 24 seconds per card (YMCKOK*)
- Print Security: Resin Scramble Option: The system can hide any information printed with a resin panel - rendering the panel unreadable.
- Accepted Standard Card Sizes: CR-80 (3.375"L x 2.125"W / 85.6mm L x 54mm W); CR-79 adhesive back (3.313"L x 2.063"W / 84.1mm L x 52.4mm W)
- Print Area: CR-80 edge-to-edge (3.36"L x 2.11"W / 85.3mm L x 53.7mm W); CR-79 (3.3"L x 2.04"W / 83.8mm L x 51.8mm W)
- Accepted Card Thickness: 0.009"-0.040" / 9 mil - 40 mil / 0.229mm - 1.016mm
- Accepted Card Types: PVC or polyester cards with polished PVC finish; monochrome resin required for 100% polyester cards; rewrite
- Input Hopper Card Capacity: 100 cards (0.030" / 0.762mm)
- Output Hopper Card Capacity: Up to 100 cards (0.030" / 0.762mm)
- Card Cleaning: Card cleaning roller integrated into ribbon cartridge; cleaning roller is automatically replaced with each ribbon change
- Memory: 32 MB RAM
- Software Drivers: Windows® XP / Vista™ (32 bit & 64 bit) / Server 2003, 2008, 2012 / Windows® 7, 8 & 10 (32 & 64 bit), MAC OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10 Linux***
- Interface: USB 2.0, optional Ethernet with internal print server
- Operating Temperature: 65° to 80° F / 18° to 27° C
- Dimensions: 9.8"H x 18.7"W x 9.2"D / 249mm H x 475mm W x 234mm D
- Weight: 10 lbs / 4.54 Kg
- Agency Listings: Safety: UL 60950-2, CSA C22.2 (60950-07), and CE; EMC: FCC Class A, CE (EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024), CCC, BSMI, KC
- Enviornmental Features: GreenCircle Certified card printer (base models only without encoders) and refillable supply cartridges (ECO)
- Supply Voltage: 100-240Vac, 50-60Hz, 1.6 Amps max
- Supply Frequency: 50 Hz / 60 Hz
- Warranty: Printer – three years****; printhead – three years****, unlimited card passes with UltraCard™
- Encoding Options (HID Encoders): Supported smart card and magnetic stripe technologies: 125 kHz (HID Prox) reader; 13.56 MHz (iCLASS® Standard / SE / SR / Seos, MIFARE Classic®, MIFARE Plus®, MIFARE DESFire®, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, ISO 14443 A/B, ISO 15693) read/write encoder; contact smart card encoder reads from and writes to all ISO7816 1/2/3/4 memory and microprocessor smart cards (T=0, T=1) as well as synchronous cards; ISO magnetic stripe encoding, dual high- and low-coercivity, tracks 1, 2 and 3
- Supported Access Control Credential Programming: iCLASS® Standard/SE/SR/Seos, MIFARE Classic™, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, HID Prox
- Software: Swift ID™ embedded badging application, FARGO Workbench™ diagnostic utility with Color Assist™ spot-color matching
- Display: Color changing status buttons