The FD 3302 Air-Suction Document Folder offers high performance folding in a compact tabletop unit, ideal for digitally printed documents on heavy and coated stock. The air-suction feed technology reduces static electricity and minimizes feed marks common in traditional friction feed systems. The FD 3302 utilizes internal fans to produce air and suction for quiet operation in a smaller footprint. The feeding system also includes a side air system for enhanced feeding of heavier stocks and larger sheets of paper.
With a speed of up to 18,600 sheets per hour, and a feed tray capacity of up to 625 sheets, the FD 3302 quickly powers through a range of applications, all at the touch of a button, while optical and ultrasonic double feed detection ensures document integrity.
It’s designed to handle a variety of paper weights and sizes, up to 25.5” long, combining an extended infeed tray with variable fan speed and air flow that can be adjusted independently using the interactive control panel and external adjustment knobs.
User-friendly features include automatic paper size detection and fold plate settings, a 4.3” color touchscreen LCD control panel, six programmed fold settings, and the ability to store up to 30 custom folds. The FD 3302 includes a cross folding guide, a four-digit counter with batch counting capability, four fold rollers for accuracy, and a variety of document security features.
Fully automated and insulated for quiet operation, the FD 3302 is ideal for on-demand printing in the office environment.
Standard Fold Patterns
- Air-Suction Feed System: Designed to easily handle static buildup in digital prints and minimize feed marks
- 4.3” Color Touchscreen LCD Control Panel: User friendly, with energy-saving mode
- Extended Infeed: Accommodates sheets up to 25.5” long
- Automatic Paper Size Detection: Recognizes the most popular paper sizes including letter, legal, ledger, half letter and half legal
- Side Air System: External fan to enhance feeding of heavy stock and large paper sizes
- Adjustable Air Flow: Allows for feeding consistency on varying paper weights / sizes
- Double Feed Detection: Optical and ultrasonic sensors ensure document integrity
- Outfeed Stacking Belt & Rollers: Automatically adjust to paper size for optimal stacking
- Batch Counting: Programmable to process pre-set number of sheets into sets with a delay between sets
- Idling Function: Standby mode used to pause for double or misfeed. All other functions are still operational, minus the output drive
- Pre-Programmed with 6 Standard Folds: C, Z, Half, Fold Out, Gate and Double Parallel
- Custom Folds: Up to 30 custom folds can be programmed and stored into memory
- Cross-Folding: A guide is included for two-pass operation
- Noise Reduction: Fold plates are enclosed and insulated to reduce operating noise
- Built-in DC Fans: Provide quieter operation than external pumps
- Seven-Point Fold Stops: Fold plates utilize seven point fold stops for crisp, accurate folds of large paper sizes at high speeds
- Four-Digit Counter: Includes addition, batch and interval counting
- Adjustable Stack Height Lever: Five positions can be easily chosen to increase or decrease paper stack height to better feed thick and thin paper stocks
- Four Fold Rollers: Produce crisp, precise folds
- Fault Detection Features: Paper Out, Misfeed, Double Feed, Paper Jam, Top Cover Open, Paper Size Error
- Easy Access to Paper Path: Easily clear paper jams
- Speed: Up to 18,600 sheets/hour (11”, single fold)
- Hopper Capacity: Up to 1.96" high, 625 sheets (64gsm)
- Pre-Set Folds: C, Z, Half, Fold Out, Gate, and Double Parallel
- Custom Folds: Stores up to 30 custom folds into memory
- Paper Size: 7.2” - 25.5” L x 4.73” - 12.2” W
- Paper Weight: Up to 230gsm (single fold)
- Feed Type: Air suction belt
- Double Feed Detection: Optical and ultrasonic sensors
- Dimensions: 23.2” W x 53.3” L x 24.2” H
- Weight: 157 lbs
- Power: 110 - 240V, 50/60 Hz