Feed, Collate, Punch, Offset Stack All-In-One
If you provide a lot of binding in your shop, you owe it to yourself to check out the Tornado Autopunch EX from Rhin-O-Tuff. The Tornado Autopunch EX collates content stacks, covers and tabs, punches them, then offset stacks the completed books. No more manually inserting covers or tabs. Reduce steps! Save time! Let the Turnado Autopunch EX do the heavy lifting while you do other things around the shop.
The Rhin-O-Tuff Tornado Autopunch EX is an industry breakthrough system that uses BDT Print Media’s advanced media handling technology to automatically feed, collate, punch and deliver offset book stacks ready for binding in a single platform.
The system will save binding service providers an average of 40% in process efficiency, dramatically reducing overall costs. Handling the widest range of media in the industry, the system delivers unparalleled flexibility and enables concurrent binding operations. Perfect for on-demand, short runs the system includes easy programmable job set-up, monitoring and changeovers.
Features and Benefits
- World’s First Automated Collating Punch using Patented BDT Tornado Technology - A single off-line automated collation and punching platform to meet the needs of your on-demand print environment with a quick return on investment.
- Advanced Media Handling Technology - Powered by BDT’s patented Tornado Technology to separate, lift and transport the widest range of media, including printed media and other book components like covers, tabs and inserts reliably minimizing downtime.
- Widest Media Range in the Industry - The system handles media from 60gsm – 312gsm, including light porous/heavy coated print media and specialty binding media like plastics, vinyl, and textures.
- Automated Interposing of Covers/Index Tabs/Inserts - Two Interposer Bins hold up to .75” (19mm) of media, auto-collating front/back covers, inserts and index tabs into the book stack prior to punching. No manual collation required.
- Accommodates Mixed Media Run on Digital/Offset Printers - High-Capacity Main Bin holds up to 2500 sheets, including mixed media*.
- Patent-Pending Paper Accumulation Technology - Designed to accumulate covers, tabs and document sheets and auto-adjust the punch lifts depending on the type of media being run for maximum punching performance.
- Heavy-Duty Auto-Punch Technology - Proven Rhin-O-Tuff technology punches up to 10,800 sheets per hour, improving throughput.
- Offset Book Stacks Ready for Binding - Book stacks exit collated and ready for binding, enabling operator’s to start the binding process while the punching job is still running, saving time and labor.
Die Set Features
- Die sets available in 9 styles
- Die sets contain an RFID chip. The LCD display shows which die set is in use and tracks the number of punch cycles per die set
- Die pins are disengaugeable for varying paper sizes
- Integrated storage for up to 4 extra die sets
- Sheet Sizes: Punched Edge - 8.27" to 12" / Unpunched Edge - 5.5" to 12.5" / Index Tabs - Up to 1/2" tab extension
- Media: 60gsm-312gsm including Uncoated Bond Paper, Text/Offset, Coated Paper, Plastic* (acetate/PVC) and Vinyl Covers/Tabs
- Interposer Bin Capacity: Up to .75" (19mm) of covers, index tabs or insert sheets
- Main Bin Capacity: Up to 2500 sheets of 20 lb bond
- Punching Speed: Up to 10,800 sheets per hour (20 lb bond)
- Interchangeable Die Sets: Letter (US) and A4 formats in 9 binding styles
- Offset Stacker: Up to 2,100 sheets of 20 lb bond
- Weight: 770 lbs
- Dimensions: 28" W x 59" D x 59" H
- Electrical: 115 VAC 60 Hz
- Certified: UL-CSA Approved
- Warranty: 1-year Limited Warranty (1 year parts, excluding wearables. 90 days labor)
*Mixed media includes bond paper, text, covers, index tabs that are plain or coated from 60gsm – 312gsm. Plastic media of any type (PVC, Linear Polyethylene, Polypropylene, etc.) must be run using one of the 2 Interposer Bins on the Tornado Autopunch EX. Plastic media cannot be run mixed with other media from the high-capacity main bin.